Question for blind installation expert

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StrayKatt

Reaction score
Hi. I recently bought an older (70 year old) house that had been let go to some extent. We are slowly making repairs and improvements. Last year we bought new blinds and had them installed. This year we replaced all the windows, so the blinds had to be removed. Three of the blinds are large S-shaped vertical blinds covering picture windows. For some reason we never noticed this until we were putting the blinds back up, but one of the vertical blinds is missing a corner cap on the valance. The window is set into an area where there are walls next to the window on both sides. There is very little room between the window and the wall. Apparently the corner caps would not fit on both sides, so the installer (from Lowes) must have left one of them off without informing us of this fact. To me it seems like maybe they measured incorrectly. Can anyone tell me if they should have left enough room for valance corner caps on both ends? It looks stupid with a corner cap on one side of the valance and not the other. I'm trying to decide if I should go back to Lowes and ask them to fix it. Thanks for your help.

Welcome StrayKatt:
Yes, you should call Lowe's. They sent the installer out and they are responsible for the job. I'm sure they will correct the problem.
Glenn

Back