Dull Laminate flooring

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daddytron

Reaction score
The Laminate flooring in my house is only 3 years old, its probably really cheap, because the previous owner installed it 6 months prior to selling the house. I am considering replacing it in about a year (once my dog is done peeing on it) but until then, does anyone have a great product to make the floor look good?
I have tried pretty much every type of mop and too many different cleaners to remember. Once my floor dries, it looks like I mopped with puddle water. I don't want to wax the floors, because I have small children, and a very small hyper dog.

Combine one part vinegar and one part hot water in a large bucket. Dip a sponge or microfiber mop into the liquid, wring out, and then mop the laminate tile. As an alternative, you can use a laminate floor cleaner found at hardware or grocery stores.

A steam mop or water with ammonia are the only things to be used on any laminate. The cheap laminate has Masonite in it so any liquids in the seams are catastrophic. :(

Back