Dirty Dishes New Dishwasher

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clemkonan

Reaction score
I traded in the old dishwasher for a Kitchen Aid Serial # FW4305915 and the results were dramatic. I got a quiet cycle with a fraction of the insulation and clean dishes and glasses to boot.

This was 4 months ago now the top rack is not delivering clean dishes , if there is chocolate or tea crud in a cup or glass its waiting for me after the cycle.

I do not think the dishwasher is to blame and by the way I am using rinse aid. I think the kids are allowing too much food residue in with the dishes and something is plugged.

Is there any way to check this out can I by pass the door switch and get this sucker to run with the door open so I can see if there is flow. I think there is something called a chopper how can I clean it.

Sorry I did not include a model number I can get that as well if it helps.

You can bypass the door switch along with your morning shower.
If it were me, I have it checked out under warranty.
To get to the chopper, you'll have to void your warranty.

Yes! If it is new, do not void the warranty - call the 800 number and have it checked out, hopefully they can replace for free :)

Be sure your hot water is hot enough preferably over 130 degrees if not your washer will not clean as well as it should.

Latest posts

Back