First time homeowner, let the projects begin

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dzarate29

Reaction score
Hey everyone, just purchased my first home and thought it would be a good idea to get advice on the countless list of projects I am about to start. My house was built in 1958, its solid just needs a lot of updating :) Look forward to meeting some helpful people. Thanks

Welcome aboard. 1958 thats a pretty new one. my first house was 1870 and the one i'm working on now is 1900. I figured i needed something newer. Get your projects in line and I'm sure you will get a lot of help here.

A warm welcome to you too ... You can learn a lot here and you typically get fast responses. Any question is OK whether big, small, sophisticated or stupid ... we have all been there and are here to help.

Your 1958 house is probably solid. Post WWII work ethic, lots of good materials, so all it might need is updating and remodeling. My first house was a 1940's brick 3 bedroom with original oak t&g flooring. It had a lot of quirky DIY things to do but shined up nicely.

GOOD LUCK with your project house! :D

1958 Impala commercial ... [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3p3XC7jh_kE[/ame]

1958 IMPALA ... from the day

IMPALA.jpg

Last edited:
Back