Backflow preventor leaks

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ccpyue

Reaction score
I have backflow preventor attached to all outside faucets for gardening use. This little backflow preventor is made with brass, attached to the faucet at one end, and the garden hose on its other end. I have used them for more than a year and work perfectly. Recently, every time after using, when I shut off the faucet, water splash out from around the backflow preventor, pressure so strong that I got wet all over. Any one know what is wrong with this backflow preventor? and how to fix it?

Don't know without looking at it but, if it is the type I'm thinking of they are relatively inexpensive to replace.

Don't know without looking at it but, if it is the type I'm thinking of they are relatively inexpensive to replace.

Hi kok328, yes, this backflow preventor just cost $10- each; but most men always like to dig down to the bottom for a reason why, and try to fix it. Not because of $, but for interest.

Back