Plumbing electric water heater attachment

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gottodo1

Reaction score
Hello,
I purchased an eco-18 water heater and 2 webbs isolator exp valves. Really slick compact setup, unfort when I received the valves and went to install them, due to the way the handle turns I can't use these with this electric water heater directly. I went online and found 3/4" MIP to FIP cables unfortunately I need about a 6" cable at max because as soon as it would come out of the valve from that I need to right angle it into the wall to avoid the washer plumbing... Any suggestions? Best I can find is a 12 " connector @ amazon listing. Any thoughts or suggestions? I considered just cutting a slit in the wall where the valve handle would rotate but that didn't seem like a good idea from a wife standpoint :).

Last edited by a moderator:
Perhaps an 18" or 24" with a loop in it, adjusting the size of the loop would be like adjusting the length??

Ha, my wife fixed it, I just put some 2x4's under heater which secured it to the wall so then the valves would fit where they're supposed to... Basically I let her have the idea as it's not the most aesthetically please but it works and she's proud :).

I hope you put some poly under the 2x4s, you should never have wood in direct contact with concrete, that is if you are on a concrete floor:)

Neal, the Eco 18 is a tankless electric that mounts to the wall... :)

Back