Help me choose a color.

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jayrod

Reaction score
Im having a hard time choosing a color for this room. It will be primarily a gameroom. Im wondering if I should just continue either the sunburst orange color in the living room or the tan, natural bark (bottom half of Living room) into this room. Or should I just do an entirely different color?

Heres the front of the living room -
100_5962.jpg

Heres the back of the living room Game room is visible up top -
100_5979.jpg

And heres part of the game room and living room -
100_5977.jpg

The game room begins on the other side of those bars.

I would definitely continue with the orange color - the bars are not enough to visually separate your living room from the game room, so the space still "reads" like one area.

If you paint your game room a different color, the overall look will get way too jumpy and circus-ey, when viewed from the first floor, because you already have 3 drastically different colors going on there.

So I would just use the same orange (with deep gray accents in the decor). To me, it's a perfect color for a game room - it's fun and has a punch :)

Hope this helps,
Yelena

I think you should try to keep it all more the same color. I don't mean to be rude, but it kinda looks awkward that you have the bottom half of one wall painted white or light & then the top painted orange, I actually thought it was wood.

I think if you don't have a natural break - like a corner, than it should be the same color

Good Luck

I have a suggestion. I recently added wall decals to my place and it filled in a lot of the blank space. depending on the color you can chose your wall decals or even have them custom made.

Just a thought.

My option is as per your living room the pinkish seems looks good. Go with pinkish or any other lite color, so that it gives a better rich look.

I would try to match the green that you feature in your (what looks like) dining room, or choose a rich emerald green. First of all because I love the color green, but secondly because the game room when viewed from the angle of the second picture will look like a continuation of the dining room. It would make the living room/gaming room seem less awkward and the dining room look more open.

You'll find clues about the underlying tones of different shades of a color on a full sample strip of coordinated colors.Paint is available in literally an infinite array of colors and is the most versatile element of your room decor, the easiest to change, and the least expensive

I think the gamesroom would look nice in a darkish blue color, but then you will have to paint the green room in a white or off-white color. This will accentuate the gamesroom and it will look "fun and funky" in contrast with the warmer pink and orange walls.

Hope this will help you

Chris

Never ask me to choose color. Very bad not good. I paint good, but never ask me to choose color. Not good. :beer:

I think you must continue with that orange color. Do not add different color, it would look bad. Just add a color white serve as accent on that orange color. Good luck.

Back