Aggressive Deer

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't seen it, but to my understanding deer don't migrate to much, so it's still in the area. I'll just keep an eye out.

That depends, deer have been known to have a home range of 5 square miles. You just may have one of them MS-13 deer gangs hangin around...:rolleyes:

The house I live at now different house from story I told before. Every morning there is a family of 6 that pass bye the perimeter between my house and nahbors behind me.there is a lot of house by me now and it is not good to have that many so often they traval the same loop. The ticks are insane! My cat got out anf came back loaded with them took me 2 hours to get the deer ticks off! Ggggrrrr!

That depends, deer have been known to have a home range of 5 square miles. You just may have one of them MS-13 deer gangs hangin around...:rolleyes:

The house I live at now different house from story I told before. Every morning there is a family of 6 that pass bye the perimeter between my house and nahbors behind me.there is a lot of house by me now and it is not good to have that many so often they traval the same loop. The ticks are insane! My cat got out anf came back loaded with them took me 2 hours to get the deer ticks off! Ggggrrrr!

I've only seen one tick in my entire life.

I think this deer may be gone, haven't seen him in some time now.

Wow I can't believe it would be that simple?!?... lol

I wish it was. Well I have no sign of the angry deer that's attacked the dogs, but I am keeping an eye out for it.

Act like you are hunting the deer - and they will probably be scarce. Hide behind corners as if you were going to spring out or shoot them. In the country, no deer would dare be so bold, and if they are that bold, the get invited for dinner, as the dinner.

Among hunters, it is said that deer will be a lot more scared of someone quietly sneaking around the woods than a noisy group of hikers. It is even recommended to talk and walk loudly with a friend when scouting out new hunting areas rather than sneaking about.

The mosquitos chased them away.

I'd prefer the opposite.

Act like you are hunting the deer - and they will probably be scarce. Hide behind corners as if you were going to spring out or shoot them. In the country, no deer would dare be so bold, and if they are that bold, the get invited for dinner, as the dinner.

Among hunters, it is said that deer will be a lot more scared of someone quietly sneaking around the woods than a noisy group of hikers. It is even recommended to talk and walk loudly with a friend when scouting out new hunting areas rather than sneaking about.

Interesting. Well I have a Red Ryder I can shoot it in the butt with it comes back. My presence alone was not enough to scare it off.

I chased it off this weekend. The dogs where barking for some time before I got out there, but it was postured like it was going to fight them. Head low, it was odd.

Austin said:
I chased it off this weekend. The dogs where barking for some time before I got out there, but it was postured like it was going to fight them. Head low, it was odd.

Did you shoot it with your Red Rider?

just talked to a guy that had a deer problem last year. The kids pool came with a sheet of bubble wrap under the cover. The bubble wrap was laid out on the lawn and when the deer went after the dog, the dog sat in the middle of the bubble wrap like a safe zone. The deer walked around it but wouldn't step on the wrap.

This is not a report on aggressive deer (at the time).

I just had a pair of deer (doe and healthy fawn) go through my backyard about 25' from my sliding door. About 10 minutes later, another pair went through (doe and very small fawn) went through. If was dumb enough to go out at the wrong time they may have been very aggressive.

About 15 minutes later, a female Canadian goose and 4 goslings in a row came through followed by the male. If I had gone out, I would have had more a of problem with aggressive wildlife since geese can be many times more aggressive and team up.

I had to fight off a goose on a golf course with a putter and gladly the others were far enough away and I got away. - There was a documented case a few years where a golfer was arrested/fined for killing a goose with a putter, but he was released by the court because his defense was self defense protection.

It is the time of the year where there are protective creatures everywhere.

Dick

Boy,,,you folks and this agressive deer stuff. Around here we can't even get close enough to em before they end up on a plate!! And the ones down along the shore you can feed by hand. I don't know what you have, but the biggest thing around here right now is these little critters.http://www.ctpost.com/news/article/Bear-euthanized-after-it-attacks-woman-4560407.php
And don't ya know...those guys are now...moved into my back fields. Thanks DEEP, I Ran across them 2 days ago. Lucky me I was on my big ol tractor.:eek:

Black bears arn't so bad, it's the big brown ones you gotto look out for, up north the friday night entertainment was parking down at the dump watching the grizzles eat. They looked to be twice the size of the black ones.

Did you shoot it with your Red Rider?

LOL, yes I did.

I have always found that a compound bow and broadhead tip do the trick....;)

I have junior bows (I'm not on that much land), and blunted arrows.

This is not a report on aggressive deer (at the time).

I just had a pair of deer (doe and healthy fawn) go through my backyard about 25' from my sliding door. About 10 minutes later, another pair went through (doe and very small fawn) went through. If was dumb enough to go out at the wrong time they may have been very aggressive.

About 15 minutes later, a female Canadian goose and 4 goslings in a row came through followed by the male. If I had gone out, I would have had more a of problem with aggressive wildlife since geese can be many times more aggressive and team up.

I had to fight off a goose on a golf course with a putter and gladly the others were far enough away and I got away. - There was a documented case a few years where a golfer was arrested/fined for killing a goose with a putter, but he was released by the court because his defense was self defense protection.

It is the time of the year where there are protective creatures everywhere.

Dick

I had to kick a gaggle of them once. My Daughter was barely walking and we were at the park when they decided to gang up on her.

There is a group of geese that fear me.

The deer never came back. I'm wondering when their migration season is and if I will see this one again.

Austin said:
The deer never came back. I'm wondering when their migration season is and if I will see this one again.

When food supplies change, so will deer movement. That and breeding season.

Latest posts

Back