Replacing ceiling & insulation with no access from above

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slownsteady

Reaction score
My kitchen has a small attic space with no access. I'm about to replace the drywall ceiling and also install new insulation. I want to check on the order of the workflow and ask for any tips and tricks to make this as easy as possible.

And, oh yeah, I know I'm going to be running into old wiring; so don't be surprised if I show in that thread also!

I'd be careful of asbestos if it's in an older house; especially with the insulation. You could contaminate your entire first floor if you don't take the proper precautions.

No asbestos, I'm pretty sure. Just some cruddy, falling-apart fiberglass batts. It looks like I have a small roof leak to track down also. Possibly gutter overflow related.

But I'll get it done----as-best-os I can:rolleyes:!

No asbestos, I'm pretty sure. Just some cruddy, falling-apart fiberglass batts. It looks like I have a small roof leak to track down also. Possibly gutter overflow related.

But I'll get it done----as-best-os I can:rolleyes:!

NICE!!

My advice, use some foam board cut to fit into there...fiberglass is the worst insulation out there...and it has never been improved.

Good luck.

Just cover it with a sheet O half inch sheetrock. I have had no issues, but talk to your local guy to make sure...

Latest posts

Back