What color are brown gutters.

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aNYCdb

Reaction score
To be more specific does anyone know what exact color the brown gutters purchased as big box store are? I'm trying to get some paint to match but I can't take them down and I would rather get my paint locally than at the HomeDepot 60 minutes away.

Thanks.

Can't you grab a piece from the downspout? It is made from aluminum roll stock. I'd bet if you go to HD and grab a roll of aluminum roll stock it will match. Usually, the stuff at big box stores is white on one side and brown on the other.

Can't you grab a piece from the downspout? It is made from aluminum roll stock. I'd bet if you go to HD and grab a roll of aluminum roll stock it will match. Usually, the stuff at big box stores is white on one side and brown on the other.

Unfortunately I don't have any pieces that will easily come off. I'm sure I can get a match at HD I was just hoping to not have to make the drive for it if I can help it.

It is really hard to get a match for that type of finish even with a sample and computerized color match to do touch up work. I would put off touching it up until I had to and then paint the whole section.

It is really hard to get a match for that type of finish even with a sample and computerized color match to do touch up work. I would put off touching it up until I had to and then paint the whole section.

I took his request that he was trying to paint the trim to match the gutters.

I believe the color is called "Musket Brown". I would imagine that a real paint store, rather than a big box, would be able to create that color paint for you, since they likely have it programmed into their computer. I removed the facia on my house and replaced it with azek, and went to the paint store and asked for paint that would match. They had no trouble creating it and I did not bring a sample. Be aware that the sheen may be an issue. In my case the new paint was a little more shiny than the older gutters and downspout. I am not sure if you can adjust for that.

Back