Brown ants

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeremyB

Reaction score
Hi Guys

We have never had ants in the house before but went to feed the cat earlier and her food had tons on it. There was none earlier today. I was just wondering what is the best way to get rid of them? are the ants traps you can buy in stores effective? Like I was saying we haven't seen any in the house up until today, and it wasn't in the kitchen it was a side bedroom.

Thanks

Jeremy

Thanks for the link Neal. I see alot of the bait stations contain borax. Might be easier then having to mix up my own?

Last edited:
Thanks Neal, hopefully its just a one off thing. My neighbors have had ant problems for years but we have been lucky.

We used to spray lemon/orange/other citrus juice around the outside of our house and especially where the window frames were. House was built in 1888 and stood till the mayor had it torn down after we moved out because it was the only one older than his.
Every time we sprayed, ants went away and so did termites.

We used to spray lemon/orange/other citrus juice around the outside of our house and especially where the window frames were. House was built in 1888 and stood till the mayor had it torn down after we moved out because it was the only one older than his.
Every time we sprayed, ants went away and so did termites.

Can you please tell me how to make that. I mean in what concentration?

My dad mixed it, but I recall it was about a 4-5% solution when blended with water. You could smell it for about an hour (like sudsy ammonia)

Back