Hot water fuse/switch??

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wozz

Reaction score
Hi,

I recently replaced a blown hot water system heating element (the copper peices were visible burnt); However i'm not sure how to replace the fuse in the ceramic fuse holder, it's a combined fuse holder/switch in the meter box that has a black knob labelled 'Pull OFF Push ON'. I have tried with some force to completely remove it but can't get it out (don't want to break it). Wondering if anyone has come across these before (I know it's a fuse holder because I can see the fuse wire when it's pulled in the out position, just cant get it completely out).
Pic:

I hope you tried unscrewing the black knob. Or giving it a quater turn or something. See if you can figure out everything it says on it, make model year anything how old might it be.

I hope you tried unscrewing the black knob. Or giving it a quater turn or something. See if you can figure out everything it says on it, make model year anything how old might it be.

Thanks for your help! I had tried it but it seemed quite tight so I wasn't prepared to use much force (seeing as the whole thing is made if some type of ceramic) but after speaking to another electrician he had seen them before, it turned out you're right. It was heaps tight but after I got it moving it unscrewed fine..

Only bad thing is the fuse was fine, thermostat is next stop which is all that's left. I really need to get a working multimeter, could save a lot of time :(

Back