Air lines freezing

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Air doesn't freeze, does it? I know the moisture in the air will, but just air?

I can't recall if it is ether or alcohol that you add to the lines to prevent freezing.
If you know any Truck Drivers, you could ask them, they use it to prevent air brake lines from freezing.
Good Luck.

I can't recall if it is ether or alcohol that you add to the lines to prevent freezing.
If you know any Truck Drivers, you could ask them, they use it to prevent air brake lines from freezing.
Good Luck.

Everthing on the market is one of three thing, expensive, to big or takes power.
I just found this one, nice of them to give me the plans, now just to find a canister to use to build my own.
http://www.jtdryers.com/Order_Now.html?gclid=CIjD45rLorwCFVHhQgodtScAoQ

Your air tools will appreciate it also. Do you now run an FLR at the compressor?

Wouldn't you have the same problem with any type of air seperator freezing if it's cold enough to freeze your air lines?

The trick is to get the water out of the air before it gets to the hose. We lose only a few days a year to this and who wants to work in the cold anyway but customers don't seem to understand, when it is a few degrees above freezing.

Back