Milky water

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phatboy

Reaction score
I just replaced all the plumbing in my house from the electric water heater to the kitchen. It used to be 1/2 in PVC burried underground, and now its 3/4 in CPVC that runs through the attic.

Recently I replaced all the plumbing in the bathroom from the same to the same. The water in the kitchen, cold and hot, is milky. The bathroom is not. It only happens for a few mins after the water is turned on, and then it clears up, and if you let the water sit...such as in a pot, it clears up.

I cant find any leaks, but this sounds like air to me. What do you think?

Sounds like air. Did you remove the airator on the faucet to see if it stops when this is removed? when's the last time you had your water tested? That is... if you have a well.:eek:

I agree that it is air. Unless you go to the attic and install a venting device, it will probably be in the line. You have trapped air in the attic portion of the piping.

I didnt know there was a venting device for a pressure(supply) line. Thanks Ill do some digging.

If its air and thats what if sounds like, most likely you have trapped some air and most likely after a little time the air will go away on it own, unless you are on a well the you need a new emittance valve. good luck

We get air in our lines at times when there has been work done on our rural water system. It takes a few weeks for it to all get out. No problem though.

Back