Crown Moulding Question

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

conrad12

Reaction score
Hi I'm a new member and I have a basic question. I have no experience with workworking. I am looking into doing 3 small (10 x 12) rooms in my house with crown moulding. Clearly getting the angles right is no easy tasks. I recently took a really nice colonial style casing and laid flat in place where CM would go and I think it would look very nice. has anyone heard of using casing as crown moulding. Again I would be laying it flat and obviously not at the typical CM angle.

I have seen this many times in older homes but it has always been set down from the ceiling not up tight against it but you know if you like it go for it but as a selling point I would be a little hesitant.

You might also consider using pre-formed crown mould corners. They are available in two shapes. Either a block with a finale on the bottom, or in the same profile as crown mould. Check places like Lowes in the moulding accesories.
009215081569sm.jpg

PreCut Moulding

Back