Solution for silppery porcelain tile?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drsmiley

Reaction score
My partner and I just got a pool installed on our property with porcelain tile around it, and we were wondering what a good solution would be for how slippery it gets when we get in and out. Have any of you come across anything that works well?

I used a degreaser from a company called Johnny Grip that also sells a non-slip treatment. Their degreaser worked really well. I haven’t used the non-slip treatment, but I trust the company enough to recommend you give it a try.

Thanks for the suggestion. I might just try it.

Your pool man or tile guy should have given you the option of installing non-slip tiles around the pool. They are available from many manufacturers, and I've found them to work extremely well, and I make a practice of specifying them when working up ADA improvement contracts for the State Human Services Department.

I lived in Waukesha in a former life. Always liked the place, and cut my field construction inspection teeth on the North Street bypass project (around the foundry) in 1969.

Last edited:
Back