Painting Kitchen Yellow,What Colour Woodwork ?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JodeB

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Well this is my first post so i'd firstly just like to say hi to everyone ! :D
I'm going to be re-decorating my kitchen in about a month,at the mo i've got two walls magnolia and two walls brown,i like it,but my kitchen is the darkest room in my house and would like a change.
I would like to paint my kitchen a nice sunshine yellow,i've got light wood units with silver handles and pretty plain,boring cream tiles,but my real question is what colour do i do my woodwork ???,my doorframes etc... are not in brillliant condition,they've been re-painted alot over the years,i will sand them down well but there's only so much you can do !
I have got a few white appliances,and would like white voiles for my window to brighten up my kitchen, please help !
Should i go for Cream,White or Pale Yellow Gloss,or should i go for a different colour ? :confused:

Thanks.

The best thing to do is paint one and see what it looks like in the room. You can always paint over it later.
Everyone is different.:D

This is just my taste talking, but I would take advantage of the dated trims and woodwork you have. You can't restore it's youth without redoing the woodwork, but you can sand it down and then go with a dark color. I like using dark colors, especially against a brighter color like yellow, it really makes it pop. And this way you can still have the white as an accent color on your appliances and windows.

My kitchen is yellow and I sanded and painted my old cabinets a sage green color and replaced my old hardware with new silver ones ! I used a bight white on the trim and it really brightened up the room that I think I spend wayyy to much time in....lol

Personally I think bright white trim would be best. to each his own.

I'm also a white trim person. I'm about to paint my kitchen yellow, too. My advice is to bring home a bunch of samples before buying your color. The color I liked in the store was on a three sample chip, and it turned out in the kitchen one of the other colors looked a LOT better (Homestead Tea House Cream, or somesuch name).

Back