Paint bleeding or?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daynah

Reaction score
Evening,
Looking for some advice. Can anyone tell me if by brown paint is bleeding into the edge of my ceiling it if it looks like the beginning stages of water damage?
Thx

image.jpg

I don't think the paint would bleed after dried. Have you touched the spots to see if they feel damp? Maybe you can get a moisture meter.

I really can't tell from the one picture.

The paint is a year old so you're probably correct but I only see it in areas where the brown paint exist not on shared walls that are painted gray. I do not have a moisture meter but I recently had ben Franklin pressure test my water pressure and it was ok but I suppose it could an ac leak or something. Not sure which to call, plumber or ac tech. Thoughts...

Sry. Perhaps these are better. I felt the wall and it doesn't feel soft at all. So I'm not sure of the exact cause.

image.jpg

Thx so much for responding, I really appreciate it.
Not sure what cut the edge in means exactly but from what you see, it looks more like a painting issue vice water damage? As I mentioned previously, it is only in places where the ceiling meets the wall to the extent that I find it at opposite corners of the wall at opposite ends of the house. Not sure if its chemical or humidity in the home or what could be reacting to this particular paint. Have you seen this before?

Looks like a sloppy paint job. Water stains tend to have a rounded appearance (generally) and if you see the problem on another wall, it is unlikely that it would be water in both places. Whats above the ceiling? If it's attic space, go up and take a look at the ceiling from above.

From the second pic, it looks to me like its the paint job.

Thanks for all of the feedback. My bedroom closet is directly above and my upstairs ac unit is to the right of that a bit but from all indications and comments, it sounds like it may just be leftover paint from the previous paint job that perhaps I never noticed. I'll paint the edge of the ceiling and monitor for a minute instead of calling in a plumber.
Agn, many thx...

yeah looks like sloppy painting to me too...

Get the exact paint match and fill it in with a brush. But be very careful not to get any on the wall.

Back