Non-Slip paint?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spec_j

Reaction score
Ok I want to paint my front porch. Its not closed in so the rain does get to it. Being that I like in Florida it always rains. I was told that the following paint was pretty good, and at $30 a gallon that it was well worth it. Time for the experts to chime in.

Here are the specs on the paint:
Sure Step is an extremely durable, skid resistant finish for interior and exterior concrete or asphalt. It may be applied to tennis courts, patios, walkways, steps, ramps, concrete pool decks, etc… Sure-Step offers excellent abrasion resistance as well as exceptional color retention, even when exposed to bright sunlight. Sure Step, when cured, is very resistant to ponding water and has a rated slip coefficient of less than 1.

* Skid Resistant finish
* Tough Acrylic Finish withstands ponding water and foot traffic
* Water clean – up
* Applies easily with brush roller
* MFG Brand Name : Sure Step
* MFG Model # : SU-0310
* MFG Part # : SU0310092-01
* Use Location : Interior/Exterior

* Assembled Depth (In Inches) : 7.5 In.
* Assembled Height (In Inches) : 9 In.
* Assembled Weight (In LBS) : 13.4
* Assembled Width (In Inches) : 7.5 In.
* Color / Finish : Light Gray- Sure Step produces an aggregate ( coarse) anti-slip finish
* Color Family : Grays
* Spread Rate : 200-300 sq. ft. per gal. Less on coarse masonry surfaces
* Viscosity : 100 KU
* Waterproof : Yes

Hope that helps with giving you an idea on what it is im looking at.

Thanks

It sounds like a cross linking acrylic floor paint (which every "Latex Porch & Floor Enamel" is) with traction grit already in it.

Have you tried it yet?

It sounds like a cross linking acrylic floor paint (which every "Latex Porch & Floor Enamel" is) with traction grit already in it.

Have you tried it yet?

going to try this over the weekend, that is if it doesnt rain.
Thanks.

Back