Cutting up roots

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swimmer_spe

Reaction score
I had a stump pulled out of the ground when the dug for my garage.

I want to be able to burn the stump. How would I cut it up without destroying my tools? Do they make blades for chop saws that would not be destroyed by stones and dirt?

How about using a Sawzall, with a sacrificial blade? This is what I do.

They sell blades made for tree trimming that will last and cut fast

How big is the stump? If it is small enough to cut up with a sawzall just burn it in one piece when you burn other stuff if it is big like I think of a stump it will take forever to cut it up and you will spend a fortune on blades call someone to come and haul it away. Stumps don’t burn all that well whole or cut up. If you have a campfire place just make it the centerpiece and keep having fires on it and one day it will be gone.

How big is the stump? If it is small enough to cut up with a sawzall just burn it in one piece when you burn other stuff if it is big like I think of a stump it will take forever to cut it up and you will spend a fortune on blades call someone to come and haul it away. Stumps don’t burn all that well whole or cut up. If you have a campfire place just make it the centerpiece and keep having fires on it and one day it will be gone.

They are too long to go into the fire pit I have. They are about an inch or 2 in diameter.

A couple 2-3 sticks and a long fuse. It's fun too. :hide:

I used my recip saw and a wood blade. Made quick work of the roots.

Latest posts

Back