Random orbit sander???

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

s4s4u

Reaction score
I am in need of a good sander that won't break the bank. Had a Porter-Cable that wore out a couple years ago that I loved, but was no longer made and all there was in town was DeWalt so I bought one. Won't buy another. A dust port that will accept a small shop vac hose is a plus. What works for you?

Cheers, Rod.

I have loved using the Makita Random Orbital sander with the velcro-type backed sanding discs. It holds up to a lot, from sanding the side of a house, to finish sanding between coats of poly.

I have loved using the Makita Random Orbital sander with the velcro-type backed sanding discs. It holds up to a lot, from sanding the side of a house, to finish sanding between coats of poly.

Which model would that be?

This was the Makita Model bo5010 but I think it has been replaced with newer model makita bo5030. You might be able to still get this older model on ebay.

I have a Ridgid that I really like.
Problem with Ridgid is replacement parts. Almost impossible to find. Price is outrageous. Factory support is nonexsistant.

Back