Moss on lawn, how to handle?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ccpyue

Reaction score
Part of my lawn is always shaded, and moss grow. Some one told me I should apply some Lime. Shall I removed all moss before applying the Lime, or just spread Lime on top of the moss? Anyone has experienced that, and what is the effective way to get rid of them and let grass grow again? Appreciate any kind help.

It,s my understanding that the soil needs lime but won't do a good job of killing moss, you need a moss killer for that. I think you want to kill it before you remove it, or you will just spread it all over the place.
So I would use a moss killer, power rack after the moss is dead then add lime, fertilizer and seed.

It,s my understanding that the soil needs lime but won't do a good job of killing moss, you need a moss killer for that. I think you want to kill it before you remove it, or you will just spread it all over the place.
So I would use a moss killer, power rack after the moss is dead then add lime, fertilizer and seed.

Thank you, I'll try to do that this weekend.

Vinegar can be good for weeds but it is acid and the soil is likely to acidy allready.
Feed the lawn beer, it will come up half cut.

To repair a moss covered lawn, the first step is to eradicate as much of the moss as possible. Once you have packed up most of the surface moss, then you need to dig down a few inches and remove that soil as well. Replace with grass seed and water only as much is needed.

Back