Furnace Heat

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wingman

Reaction score
Looking to try and fix furnace heat problem.
For starters furnace is about 20 years old, but is clean and in good shape.
I replaced the fan motor in the summer and the a/c works fine. Now it is time to run the heat and it will not work.
I am in auto mode furnace lights but fan does not come on. In manual mode fan is running and furnace will heat as it should. But I do not want to run fan all of the time.
Any advise.........

Sounds more like a thermostat problem. Check your wiring and outputs from the thermostat.

Looking to try and fix furnace heat problem.
For starters furnace is about 20 years old, but is clean and in good shape.
I replaced the fan motor in the summer and the a/c works fine. Now it is time to run the heat and it will not work.
I am in auto mode furnace lights but fan does not come on. In manual mode fan is running and furnace will heat as it should. But I do not want to run fan all of the time.
Any advise.........
Hi Paul here. Ok first of all do you have a electronic board or do you have a fan switch?If you want to send me pic. send them to [email protected]
How many wires do you have coming from your blower motor and where are they going to? Your blower is running in the auto and air con. because that is a different speed than the heating speed, so tell me where the blower wires are going and what colors they are. Then we can get this problem fixed.
Later Paul

I will look tonight when I get home from work to see the motor wiring.
Than ks,
Bill

Latest posts

Back