Need some help Tonight!

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Britbike

Reaction score
I had to replace a service panel out in the yard that powers the air compressor and the irrigation pump of my onsite sewer system.

I duplicated the wiring exactly as it was, but since the existing wiring was a mess, that isn't too reassuring. I have a question on what seems to be a conflict in the wiring, to me at least.

Leaving the breaker box is a 12-2 with ground wire to the septic controller. In the breaker, the 12-2 is wired: black to the 30namp breaker, white to the neutral bus bar, AND bare copper wire to the neutral bus bar. At the controller the black wire goes to power the pump, the white goes to the neutral bus bar BUT the bare ground goes to the Ground bus bar. So, at the breaker the Bare wire is on Neutral Bus Bar, at the controller box the Bare wire is on the Ground Bus Bar!! Is that OK?

Read more: http://www.doityourself.com/forum/e...reaker-tonight-i-need-help.html#ixzz2qcJ6bcWK

Is this a sub panel or a main panel. If a main panel then the neutral and ground are the same connection so it doesn't matter. if a sub panel then put neutral and ground on the proper bus bars in the breaker panel.

I have a problem with my garage door that open all the way up, it's about 6 to 8 inches before the top, and close the door is fine. Is there any adjustment on the door or the garage opener?
I think the problem might need to adjust the spring, any idea? I really need help, Thanks!

When the door is closed you can pull the release and lift the door by hand. If it is really heavy , you might have a spring problem. Adjusting the springs is a good way to get hurt. If you have two springs one could have broke. The other thing you can try while you have it unlatched is to run the motor up and down and then latch it and see if that helped.

I understand that you want the motorized opener to open the door a few more inches than it is currently. Yes, pull the release and open the door by hand. Does it actually go up further when you open it manually? If so, and maybe regardless, you should be able to adjust the automatic opener such that it will open it "all the way." I serioulsy doubt you have a spring issuel. To find out how to get the auto to open further, search the door opener manual. Don't have that? Google the brand and model and find a pdf version online. I have three overhead doors on my shop. The manual door doesn't open enough to get my center console boat in. I have to open it and then pull it further with a rope, and secure the rope by hook to a metal beam. There just wasn't a way to get it to go that last 4 inches (by springs alone) without the automatic opener.

"In the breaker, the 12-2 is wired: black to the 30namp breaker"

12-2 is only rated for 20 amps...

Latest posts

Back