Replace or Repair

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bobbldr

Reaction score
Got an estimate on replacing my A/C compressor which is 15 years old, debating whether it better to replace entire unit or get new compressor. Tried to do all the diy things i could still only hot air blowing. This unit is the larger of the 2 i have & wondering if im causing problems with the other unit which is much smaller.

Got an estimate on replacing my A/C compressor which is 15 years old, debating whether it better to replace entire unit or get new compressor. Tried to do all the diy things i could still only hot air blowing. This unit is the larger of the 2 i have & wondering if im causing problems with the other unit which is much smaller.

You and I are in the same boat my friend. My York system is 10 years old and the compressor just went.

The compressor is $924.00 not including install, the most expensive part of your A/C is the compressor.

I would upgrade to a quality unit.... well, I AM upgrading to a quality Goodman unit, I am getting it from acwholesalers.com

Good luck

Back