Rolled ridge venting

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Prettygoodist

Reaction score
Hi
Any opinions on the plastic rolled ridge venting that is sold in your typical Menards/HD type stores? It just seems chintzy to me and I've been on a few roofs were it appeared to be very clogged with leaves and other debris. If I use it should I tack down some metal screen to double-check the thin strip of plastic mesh on the venting that supposedly keeps the bugs out?

Second floor is converted attic so traditional square vents are not an option. Previous owner insulated with the 1 inch gap under the sheathing to allow for air flow, so ridge vent should work properly.

Any comments greatly appreciated.

I would reccomend using either GAF Cobra Vent III or GAF Snow Country shingle over ridge vent. It comes in 4' sections.

And :welcome: to House Repair Talk!

Thanks for the info oldog. I'll try to look into those tomorrow. Hoping to finish this up on Thursday so depending on availability I may be going with the rolled.

Thanks for the welcome too. Signed up a year ago and just got around to posting.

Latest posts

Back