Oven Blowing Breaker!

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

savatreatabvr

Reaction score
I bought a 10 unit apartment complex last year and i'm doing my own remodeling and repairs. I'm not a pro I just know a little about everything, lol! If you read my previous threads you'll see some of the issues I've already been facing and here's the latest one. Shortly after a tenant moved out I replaced all of the appliances and the new oven immediately blows the breaker but I don't know if the old oven blew the breaker too. How do I check the 220v wiring and breaker? I'm sure people buy brand new faulty appliances every once and a while but how common is it to end up with a LEMON?

Can you take the oven to another apartment and try it? Does the breaker trip with the oven unplugged? Does it trip if you just plug in the oven and don't try to use it?

Four prong oven plug

4-prong-range-outlet-diagram.jpg

Three prong oven plug

range-outlet-diagram.jpg

Can you take the oven to another apartment and try it? Does the breaker trip with the oven unplugged? Does it trip if you just plug in the oven and don't try to use it?

Four prong oven plug

4-prong-range-outlet-diagram.jpg

Three prong oven plug

range-outlet-diagram.jpg

Its a 3 prong plug and it trips when first plugged in. I can move it to another apartment but it would be a pain in the As- so I thought I'd just ask some questions on here hopefully to save my back, lol!

Sounds like the pig tail or the outlet is not wired correctly. Time to get the volt meter out.

I agree. Pigtail miswired or clamped too tight and pinched.

Back