Type of bit to use...ceramic floor tile?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edselsouth1

Reaction score
I am needing to cut some floor tile. I have about 10-12 cuts to make border pieces about 1-1/2" - 2" in width. The tile description and tool are in the pictures. What is your recommendation on a bit to use for this operation. Thanks in advance. David.

ryobi speed saw  tile type.jpg

dremel has a blade that may work.
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDuDtkgNLG0[/ame]
Cutting Ceramic Tile with a Dremel 300 Series, Multi-Vise #2500-01, EZ Lock Mandrel #EZ402 and EZ Lock Cutting Wheel #EZ545

Want straight cuts then use a real tile saw.
Even a cheap table top model will work fine.

If all you want is straight cuts, why mess with a tool which is designed for variability? Just get a straight tile cutter, or "snapper", and you could be done cutting in less than 10 minutes!

I agree, definitely just use a tile cutter for something of that size, unless it has to have odd angles. But if it is just ceramic tile there is no reason to go buy an expensive wet tile saw or dremel bit for that.

Thanks to all for your replies and suggestions. With only a small number of cuts to make, I believe that I will use my angle grinder. Only 90* cuts on this job.

Back