Here is a neat idea and something worth making

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My thoughts exactly. With my fat arse, I think it would turn into one big pile of splinters soon after I used it.

Those transformer peices are really tricky to get all the holes in the right place to make it work right and then weeks later something worps a little, frustrating.
Notice in the first picture when it is closed, one side is out a little, and likely he is showing us the best two sides.

I think we just need to scale it up a bit. Industrial strength 2X stock and some iron work for the joinery.

Any Transformer worth building is worth building right. Every picnic table my dad ever built if everyone on one side got up at once the other side was wearing the potato salad.

I think we just need to scale it up a bit. Industrial strength 2X stock and some iron work for the joinery.

Any Transformer worth building is worth building right. Every picnic table my dad ever built if everyone on one side got up at once the other side was wearing the potato salad.

Best to buy or salvage hardware.

Folding-Wooden-Table-Folding-Wooden-Chair-HL110801-.jpg

I agree, very cool item and design. I also agree though that the more complicated you make the moving parts, especially with wood, the easier it will wear out. I think the design is nice but hard to implement soundly outside of a television show.

Back