Let's talk Tree Trimming!

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That'd be a good idea... plant something that produces food!

I would be finding a different insurance CO, that is just plain ridiculous

My wife's cousin has a summer home in a beach community . A while back a storm blew a tree over , the neighbors tree, and it landed on thier house and 100% destroyed it. The neighbors insurance denied the claim calling it an act of god. They would only cover it if the tree had a problem and was neglected and that could be proved.

Imo , which I voiced to her , who cares wether or not the insurance covers it. It's the neighbors tree and they should be responsable . It's called the American way.....Sue the neighbor.

Neighbors tree fell and hit the front of my house a couple years ago. The thing I learned from the incident was, it's now my tree. Their insurance company didn't pay, mine did to reconnect the electric, cable, phone, repair the front railing. If you don't notify your neighbor that you have concerns of their trees, you have the distinct pleasure of fixing they're problems. Lesson learned.

You have to sue the person that owns the tree, then they are insured. Much like when you are hurt in a car when the driver of the car you are in is at fault, you have to sue your friend.

My wife's cousin has a summer home in a beach community . A while back a storm blew a tree over , the neighbors tree, and it landed on thier house and 100% destroyed it. The neighbors insurance denied the claim calling it an act of god. They would only cover it if the tree had a problem and was neglected and that could be proved.

Imo , which I voiced to her , who cares wether or not the insurance covers it. It's the neighbors tree and they should be responsable . It's called the American way.....Sue the neighbor.

I had just the opposite thing happen, my very large oak tree fell over one day ,no reason, and the insurance co paid for all the clean up in my yard, while the neighbors home owners insurance took care od theirs. What is interesting is the neighbors tried to get more money from their insurance citing that I had neglected this tree. I was in the tree care business for almost 30 years! Hard to believe they even tried this but the insurance co denied their claim AFTER, I supplied proof of my taking care of it. IMO the neighbors should have been cited for insurance fraud.

I had just the opposite thing happen, my very large oak tree fell over one day ,no reason, and the insurance co paid for all the clean up in my yard, while the neighbors home owners insurance took care od theirs. What is interesting is the neighbors tried to get more money from their insurance citing that I had neglected this tree. I was in the tree care business for almost 30 years! Hard to believe they even tried this but the insurance co denied their claim AFTER, I supplied proof of my taking care of it. IMO the neighbors should have been cited for insurance fraud.

Just wondering , did thier insurance company ask you for information? We're you at risk of thier insurance company coming after your insurance company if it was determined thier was neglect?

Unrelated , but I have a huge tree that died in my yard . I'd estimate 3' trunk and 60' tall . We had a very long , cold , snowy winter and some trees died or only half bloomed. This tree could hit my barn if it fell the right way. How long before I should worry? My neighbor burns wood and often cuts trees . I got to ask him 8f he wants it , but this thing would be alot of work.

Just wondering , did thier insurance company ask you for information? We're you at risk of thier insurance company coming after your insurance company if it was determined thier was neglect?

Unrelated , but I have a huge tree that died in my yard . I'd estimate 3' trunk and 60' tall . We had a very long , cold , snowy winter and some trees died or only half bloomed. This tree could hit my barn if it fell the right way. How long before I should worry? My neighbor burns wood and often cuts trees . I got to ask him 8f he wants it , but this thing would be alot of work.

We both had the SAME insurance co, but they DID want documentation, which I provided. They had no case.

all ill say is hope you have good renters insurance so if the tree does come down your covered it really up to the landlord

Back