Who else is watching Obammie's State of the Union Address?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still blame the guy who put his name all over it.

Again, trying to be fair and adult in a conversation; Obama did not name the ACA "Obamacare".

Jeanne Schulte Scott argued for the trade journal Healthcare Financial Management in March 2007 that then-President Bush had "put all his eggs into his 'privatization' basket" in his 2007 State of the Union address; nevertheless, he made health care the "issue du jour" for the 2008 presidential race. "Health care is hot!" she wrote, and then made a prediction that seems so quaint given all that's passed in the last four-and-a-half years:

The many would-be candidates for president in 2008 are falling over themselves offering their own proposals. We will soon see a "Giuliani-care" and "Obama-care" to go along with "McCain-care," "Edwards-care," and a totally revamped and remodeled "Hillary-care" from the 1990s.

That's the first real reference to Obamacare in LexisNexis (some stories are incorrectly dated). Andy Martin wrote on his blog Contrarian Commentary, "In a 'bid 'em high' contest with Hillary Clinton and John Edwards, Obama proposes free health care for everyone: Obamacare." Martin's post is dated one day before Healthcare Financial Management's issue date, but magazines typically post-date their issues so they look fresher on the newsstands. The March issue likely came out in early February.

That’s all well in good and who cares who named it he indorsed the name in so many words more than once in speeches and is proud of the nickname for the ACA.

Everyone seems to think this is still about healthcare when it is a smokescreen for a transformation freedom. Most people given the choice of giving up a freedom for having a desired service will willingly give away their freedom.

The government can charge you for the privilege of driving a car but they can’t force you to drive or pay for that privilege if you don’t care to drive.

I know it seems cruel to say someone without insurance can’t get services but it’s equally as cruel to tell someone with insurance that’s had insurance their whole life and paid for it themselves they can’t get a treatment because it’s not covered in their plan. That’s just the way life is and that’s why good people die every day with insurance. Life is not fair. I pay much more and my services I receive are much less just the same as Chris. The reason being we want even distribution of all wealth and services instead of letting the rich people make wealth and redistribute it as they see fit in making jobs.

You are correct! I often see myself caught up in the smoke and mirrors and forget the big picture of what is going on.

I know it seems cruel to say someone without insurance can’t get services but it’s equally as cruel to tell someone with insurance that’s had insurance their whole life and paid for it themselves they can’t get a treatment because it’s not covered in their plan.

Don't forget that the insurance company still calls the shots on each plan and still offers a variety of plans at different levels.

And yes, it is cruel, IMHO. And not equally.

Back