home repair help!

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cityboy

Reaction score
Hi, everyone it is nice to have a great forum where DIYer's can get together and share information on this subject!

I was wondering if anyone out there can tell me how to remove liquid nails from new quarter around without removing existing stain on boards?
This is a manufactured hard foam product that is sold by HOME DEPOT!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Cityman
:eek:help:

Hi Cityboy and welcome.

I hate to sound chilly on your first post, but did you read the directions on the tube? I'm pretty sure it has all you need to know.

Hi, I have read the instructions on the label and all it said was to use mineral spirits. I went to HOME DEPOT to ask them what to use and they said that they had a chemical that would remove the glue, but it would also remove the stain on the quarter round as well!

I hope that someone can help with better ideals as the glue is dry!

Thanks again for your suggestions,

Cityboy

Last edited:
I don't think this is going to be possible. Consider replacing the quarter round.

I would like to help you cityboy but I can't think of any ways to get it done. :( I'm a newbie too.

Do a small test area with mineral spirits and some elbow grease...see what works.

i didn't know liquid nails was a hard foam product. I would try a scraper.

Back