Exterior Brick Surface Damage

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rich20001

Reaction score
Hey Guys, newbie here and need help on understanding what is causing the damage to my bricks on or near the foundation of the house. It is only happening on one side of the house and is getting pretty bad. I thought it might be due to water damage as I had a leaking water facet on that side of the house. I have attached a picture so you can see the damage.

What is causing it?

Can I pull those bricks out and just turn them around and re-motar? I think trying to match them will be a problem.

Any help would be appreciated.

Wedding, Bricks 013.JPG

have some of the same on our home,,, usual cause's poor brick - wtr penetrates the brick then freezes,,, poor brick don't have the strength to resist the expansive force of the wtr thereby ' face spalling ',,, adding a good silicone siloxane usually resolves the trouble :trophy:

' Can I pull those bricks out and just turn them around and re-mortar ? ' sure, why not ? its your house, isn't it ? ? ? not a bad idea, either :D

Get rid of the moisture and change the deicer type if it is used.

Dick

Fish is a Lake Trout. - Estimated at 42-43# when caught and 38 1/2# when weighed on a good scale 3 days later.

I used 6# line and hooked it in 30' of water (early June) with an aluminum "Flutter Spoon" but we were in 12' of water when landed - no weeds or snags there.

Caught in an isolated lake about 5-100 miles north of the Minnesota boarder.

Now back to to getting the cause of the spalling.

Dick

Latest posts

Back