Wallpaper 101

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nu2this

Reaction score
How hard is it to put up wallpaper? Is it necessary to buy a Wallpaper101 video or pay somebody, or can you really do it yourself.

Hello,
The best way to learn how to hang wallpaper is to work with someone who is a professional. The video will help with all the basics but like all trades there are many tricks.You can do it yourself but the first couple times it will turn out not to good. There is more to it than people think. Us pro's who do it every day make it look easier than it really is.
The one thing that makes wallpapering difficult is you are dealling with something that will be a finish product. You cant cover mistakes. It is not like painting were you can fix mistakes. A bad paper job is odvious.
Get the video, I also have a book on my site you can down load and read on your computer, Find some one who already knows how and paper an easy room on your first try. Kitchens and baths may be small but they are the hardest.
Hope all this helps.
John Aufiero
http://www.paperhangit.com

Hi John,

Thank you for your reply. You have a great website by the way. I am going to be checking it out in further detail as I get further along in my project. After reading your email and pondering on this, I decided to paint the bathroom wall and put up a border at the top as my first project. If that goes well I will then do the two upstairs bathrooms, and depending upon how well I do with the border in the first room, I may decide to do the whole third bathroom in wallpaper. If I do, I will definitely read your site again and get the video. Thanks for the tips. :)

Hello,
I am glad I could help, If you have any more questions you can contact me or post them here. Borders can be tricky too . Being your first time you may want to have someone help you. They can hold it out while you put it along the ceiling. I like to prime under them first also. It will make it easier for removal some day and it will stick better.
Take care ,
John

Latest posts

Back