replacing a baseboard heater

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sisyphus

Reaction score
Hello all, I have a baseboard heating in one of my bathrooms that uses hot water. the covers are rusted up and I'm thinking of replacing them. however one side the fins stick out a little too much where I can't close the hinged end cap all the way. I would probably have to realighn the pipe on that side but am unsure of the proceedure. do I need to turn off the boiler or shut the water supply in some other way. do I drain the system? thanks

I'm confused, If all your trying to do is change the covers then why are you taking the whole thing out?
Why not take the cover off, or even leave it on and mask off the area and sand and spray paint it, finding an exact match cover may be a challange.
Confused on the end cap to, were you trying to remove it and can not get it back in place?
A picture might be helpfull.

Hello all, I have a baseboard heating in one of my bathrooms that uses hot water. the covers are rusted up and I'm thinking of replacing them. however one side the fins stick out a little too much where I can't close the hinged end cap all the way. I would probably have to realighn the pipe on that side but am unsure of the proceedure. do I need to turn off the boiler or shut the water supply in some other way. do I drain the system? thanks

Take some pointed pliers and you can take a few fins off, or you can use a old pair of scissors. Paul

Back