handyann intro need mirror advice

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

handyann

Reaction score
Hello,
This looks like a great site to exchange information and I love the photos.
My current project is creating an exercise area in our basement. We are laying down and interlocking rubber floor and I would like to create a wall of mirrors on one side of the room. The area is under the stairs, unfinished with the wall studs exposed. I would like to have the option to remove the mirrors at a later date when we "really" finish the basement. Any suggestions on how to do this?
Thanks, hope I will be able to help someone out with their project someday.
Ann
;)

You could frame each mirror with a loose fitting frame made of 1x over 3/8" plywood strips.

If you are planning to use mirror tiles, go to a glass company and ask for a releasing type of mastic. When you remove the tiles, the mastic will peel off of the wall without so much damage.

Welcome to the forum Ann!
Tom

Hello Handyann:
I have seen a mirrored wall made of salvage sliding mirror closet doors. There should be a salvage company near you that has some; they were very popular in the '60s and '70s but are out of style now. I suppose many are like me; I don't want to see my fat belly every time I move. Let us know how it turns out.
Glenn

Back