1/4 Plywood Ceiling Panel back insulation

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tk3000

Reaction score
Not a very long time ago, I posted here about some issue I was having with an all season room with an EPDM roof membrane and severe leaking issue. Well, the leaking issues was solved a long time ago; but I never got around to replace all the ceiling panels (large 1/4 smooth plywood panel).

22260590218_d54ca324b2_b.jpg

I bought some high grade ¼ panels, then primed and painted them. I installed one then decided to use some insulation. Reflectix was the light and easy to work with. So I covered the back of a panel with reflectix (there is plenty of air gap inside the ceiling) and was getting ready to install it. But, I was wondering what other solution would acceptable? I don't want fiberglass insulation due to the possbility of a leak damaging it, and reflectix even offer a good protection for the ceiling panel in of a roof leak.

You could use a rigid foam board insulation if you wanted. Water wouldn't ruin it and its pretty easy to work with plus you can get a pretty decant r value

You could use a rigid foam board insulation if you wanted. Water wouldn't ruin it and its pretty easy to work with plus you can get a pretty decant r value

Yeah, that is a good option too. I may even use both of them since there is plenty of air gap for the reflectix insulation by simply using rigid foam and type add the reflectix on top of it. Thanks for the insight

Back