Hobbies other than home repair.

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
friend of mine wrote this book, amazon for $9.99

He is my gunsmith and my buddy.
And is teaching me to shoot out to 1000 yards
61dAxQkLseL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-v3-big,TopRight,0,-55_SX278_SY278_PIkin4,BottomRight.jpg

below is 2--groups of 3 shots each...theses are the best of the day

scan0001.jpg

didn't think I was gonna show the bad ones did ya?

only thing i see stopping me is a $800.00 scope.
try explaining that to your wife

Last edited:
I got my software running and after a few hours I have a rough version of the steering wheel for a Volvo Amazon circa 1965. I didn't add the texture yet, and I probably need to look for stray vertices to smooth it out. Using the tools available it took awhile because I have to edit vertex by vertex sometimes. I thought it turned out ok.

tumblr_npy6rtxkWX1qkwd9ao1_1280.png

Here is the picture I used for reference
tumblr_npy6rtxkWX1qkwd9ao2_r1_540.jpg

cool program,Zan, can you down load to a CNC if you had one?

my bet would be you get one, lol

SlownSteady, I used Milkshape 3D. It was about $25 about 7 or 8 years ago and I have the latest version, but Mete stopped updating it awhile back. I'm going to try out Blender and some other programs as well. Gonna see if there is a trial version of 3DS Max.
I love the Volvo Amazons. The Duett was a pretty sweet looking ride as well. I found that there was a video game that used a rather bad version of an amazon model in it-- some kind of racing game and then someone made an amazon for Grand Theft Auto, but it was a different model year so it doesn't have the same lights on the back and they used a different steering wheel. Also, it didn't have the hubcaps I like. So, I'm going to see if I can make the hubcaps and get the lights from another model I found. I just need to download the right software to convert it to work with my software. If I can get it converted to ms3d or obj format, it should work.

Frodo what is a CNC?

(sorry for the delayed response-- internet has been going out for 12 hours at a time and not staying on long).

I saw a demo of a laser cutter a few years ago. They clamped white paper in the table and ran the machine. We all just thought nothing was happening but when it was done they held the paper up to a light. There was a rooster cut only half way thru the paper. Impressive stuff.

gifts to family and friends,,,my sister is on my butt to open an ebay account

last week i gave her a bullet brass pen,,she took it to work and called me wanting 10 more
i pulled one out of my pocket at the store to write a check,,sold 2 to the cashier LOL

pen cheri 009.jpg

Frodo, that is so cool!

Neal, those are amazing!

Latest posts

Back