water air tank

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dolfan

Reaction score
For the past 2 weeks when using water no matter where (shower,sink etc) the pressure changes for a few seconds and goes back and forth. Strong and normal. I was told to turn the power off for the tank drain it and check the air. It needs to be 2 lbs less than what the sticker says then turn on and water fills it up. Is this what i need to do? thanks

Yes. On some tanks there is a valve where you can put air in without draining the water. But there has to be air in the tank since water will not compress.

There are two types of tank. One has a bladder and one does not. The non bladder tank could be filled with water. It needs to have an air pocket. The bladder tank could have a broken bladder and needs to be replaced.

Can you get us the brand name of the tank? Or describe it?

The tank shows Franklin Elec Perma tank. I checked the air did not drain or anything. The gauge showed 15 lbs and is a 30 air tank. Also had water spray out when checked the air. From what i understand that is bad right?

I think Franklin Electric is your pump or pump motor. Permatank is sold by AO Smith (they also make motors) and is not a very good brand.

The water coming out of the valve stem is real bad. You want to take care of that quickly before it takes out your motor.

Both of the names are on the tank. Where is the motor at? thanks

If you don't see one, it's probably a submersible pump in the well. A picture or two would help.

It does not have a sticker on it saying how many gallons it is. The model # is 3 letters and 20,so would it be a 20 gallon tank? thanks everyone

Back