What's a homeowner to do?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

o2284200

Reaction score
Concrete tile set in Polyfoam (large paddy).

2nd story roof looks great...Nice lines!
1st floor...excuse me buts looks like the crew was drunk...lines crooked & staggered all over the place.
I have only Final of 3 payment left due "After Tile".
What can a homeowner do...Any recourse here?
Thanks!

rooftilecrooked.jpg

Tell the job site manager to stop and fix it. Bring it to the attention of the guy that sold you the roof, his immediate supervisor or the company owner. Document every conversation, who and what you talked about and DO NOT GIVE THEM FINAL PAYMENT UNTILL YOU ARE SATISFIED.

Thanks, Good news...Roofer agreed to have tile setters fix, which he said most likely would mean they'd have to take out every other row...Recorded every word of it. Crossing fingers!

+1

You have to engage the owner/manager with your concerns ASAP.

Concerns are valid and should be addressed. Sometimes a customer's concerns are not actually something to be concerned about but in this case they are both valid and need to be addressed.

Let us know what he/she does to make them right.

Thanks! Funny thing is...This is the roofer who taught to look for those nice straight diagonal lines. We'll see!

Two poor guys from that crew are out there right now tearing off every row of that portion of the new roof. Bought them a pizza for lunch and just brought out some ice cold Gatorade as the heat index is about 95 and the sun is blazing.

Two poor guys from that crew are out there right now tearing off every row of that portion of the new roof. Bought them a pizza for lunch and just brought out some ice cold Gatorade as the heat index is about 95 and the sun is blazing.

And if they did it right the first time they wouldn't be there now.

And if they did it right the first time they wouldn't be there now.

Yeah...but we don't know if it was those same poor sob's that did that in the first place. I used to hate having to go back and fix the boss's work!!:p

Latest posts

Back