Old/Left Behind Concrete surface reconditioning/resurfacing

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tk3000

Reaction score
The main house that I own seats on a large 1 acre lot inside the city. But it seems that once upon a time other structures were present there at a different spot. There is a large concrete albeit deteriorating area with signs of a past foundation, below are two pics of the large concrete surface (probably for a larger building):

25745736706_4c97a9ef48_c.jpg

25745736726_5ae54211f8_c.jpg
[/url]

Maybe it was an speak easy in the roaring 20s that was burned down to the ground during a raid.

There is also another concrete surface apparently much small (like a small pad) but it may be larger and covered with a tapestry of grass, the following:

26120666575_f2d56d1d75_c.jpg

26120666585_7d1876c7e7_c.jpg

As shown on the pics there are cracks, plants, and shrubs that found their way through the concrete, etc... So, I was wondering whether or not would be worth repairing/resurfacing?

Thks!

Rent a bobcat and clear the area and then the possibility of a defined purpose should present its self.

Rent a bobcat and clear the area and then the possibility of a defined purpose should present its self.

I guess that I have to learn how to use a bobcat too. But, firstly I would need to rip off the plants and shrubs with a chain saw: lots of work

It's a short learning curve and clearing brush would be in their scope.

Back