fireplace installation

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newhome4me

Reaction score
I just bought my first home. It's beautiful and structurally sound. I would love to have a fireplace installed in the den. I'm looking for advice from any experts or people who have "been there, done that" that could tell me exactly what kind of project this would be as far as time frame, and disruption to my home.

We had a fireplace installed in our den last year. It wasn't that bad a project and it didn't take that long. It was quite noisy at times, but it was well worth it. If I recall correctly it took about 3 days. We had a stone fireplace put it, so that may make a difference when you're looking at time frames.

I just wanted to say thanks for the info. I've found a couple of different companies that are considered reputable by the BBB and I think I'll give them a call to come over and give me an estimate. It sure would be nice to have this done in time for the cold weather.

Thanks again!

A free-standing fireplace can make a lot more sense - less costly, easier to take care of - less messy to clean, as a rule, and chimney issues are nil

I have a fire place for sale for only $500 its a wood burner nice one to its never had a fire in it. It is hooked up for gas right now but it is no thing to change over to real wood. If interested please email [email protected]

Back