How to best soundproof a sliding door butting against window

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slider

Reaction score
I want to separate a studio with sliding doors. The area the doors would cover is about 10 feet by about 8.5 feet high. I'd like to hang the sliding doors from the ceiling. One side of the doors are going to have to butt up against a sliding window (See the red X in the attached images). I'd like to create as much of a noise free barrier as possible, but I know it wont be perfect.

Are there any suggestions out there how I could handle that situation of butting up against the glass? I was thinking about maybe running the black bristle stuff that looks like a brush maybe?

Also, when the doors are closed, how do you get a nice seal between wooden or shoji style doors? Just tape maybe some felt type material to the unseen side so it seals as best as possible?

And what do I do about that stuff that frames the wall at the bottom of the wall, just cut a piece out? Or maybe I can attach a piece of wood to that side of the wall to frame it (see X in shot with wall).

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

f1.jpg

f2.jpg

I think I am late for any suggestions. If it is so how have you done it? Do share with me.

I haven't yet done the sliding doors, I want to though. I would l ove some advice, I haven' yet moved in there.

Back