Information about StyroTrim?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wendy_Chong

Reaction score
:) I am getting ready to remodel my house and I want to put some trim around my windows and stuf, on the exterior of my house. I heard about this product called StyroTrim and I scanned their website, www.styrotrim.com. I like how their stuff looks but I want some other people's opinions about it. Do you think a woman would be able to put it up by herself? Would it work on a house with vinyl siding?

I've used it on quite a few houses and it is a great product, but expensive. It is light, easy to cut and install so yes a woman could install it by herself but two people would be recommended because everybody needs help with measuring and holding material no matter how light. Now as far as a house with vinyl siding, unfortunately it won't work. You could possibly make it work if you tore out the existing trim and reworked the vinyl by installing new J-channel, but it is not the easiest thing to do. In my opinion at that point you would probably be better off just residing the house.

Yea styrotrim is on my home and many of my neighbors homes out here in california. great product i recomend anyone who is in the process of remodeling to pick up some of this stuff and check it out for yourselves.

Welcome Wendy:
Yes the StyroTrim is a good product just keep in mind it will have to be painted and kept painted over the years. To use it on a vinyl sided house I would hold the trim in place and mark 1/4" outside the trim. Cut the siding on this line and put J-channel on the rough edges, then put the Styro in place and fasten it. Don't let it get you down; you go girl!
Glenn

Back