A new window

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gottodo1

Reaction score
Hey Guys,
My wife wants a long skinny window in the dining room like we had in Arizona... this is not Arizona I say but I lose. Huge surprise.

So we found one at a 2nd hand shop she likes but it's from 2000 but only $50. Lost the picture of the window but I still have the picture of the label it was probably 54"ish long x 16-18"ish tall? <-- Terrible guesser. I have put the label in here, is there anyway to figure out exact dimensions and information on the window?

What is this type of window called with between 2-3 windows, a transom? Does or doesn't open (doesn't matter), does or doesn't have cross members (doesn't matter), 12-18" tall (does matter), 54-68" long (does matter)

Closest I've found is awning windows but those don't quite match either. I've looked all over Lowes/integrity/various window sites with no luck.

IMG_20160322_175554356.jpg

Last edited:
If I read it right it would fit a rough opening 3 ft wide and 1 foot high. And it is made to fit a 2x4 wall.

If I read it right it would fit a rough opening 3 ft wide and 1 foot high. And it is made to fit a 2x4 wall.

The 3w1h are the cut-ups, It's 3 equally divided panes wide and 1 high and the 3w may be a single pane with the mutts and mulls as a glue on, often referred to as colonial cut-ups.

Would it make a difference if this window was mounted vertically? 3Wx1H makes it seem like it was meant to be horizontal. Could it be a structural difference?

Integrety windows are a division of Marvin.I would call their support number . I can't give you any more info if you don't even know what type of window it was.

Would it make a difference if this window was mounted vertically? 3Wx1H makes it seem like it was meant to be horizontal. Could it be a structural difference?

This particular assembly is meant to be installed horizontally and because it does not open, will be a full gasket assembly.

Were it intended for a vertical installation the cut-up would be 1W3H.

Then the conversation would probably involve height above a walkable surface, and or the distance from the latch of an entry door.

Also, the OP could have posted a photo, both here and at INTEGRITY, but then................

I tried calling integrity but they have limited hours and I work alot. I'm not sure where to post on their website?

I tried all of those and the big box stores, several contractors who didn't care all to no avail mostly due to lack of knowledge of myself & the person on the phone/store. I found a local windows manufacturer went in, told him my rough dimensions I was thinking, he helped me find a single slider that will fit perfect and is a good deal at only $30 more than a picture window. Total ended up being about $250 for 18"x54", which was only $50 more than my budget but worth it for a slider.

Back