Faucet Base very Stiff turning side to side

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sdupp

Reaction score
I have a Kohler single handle, single whole kitchen faucet with pull out sprayer. Lately it’s gotten very stiff when turning the base side to side. What typically causes this and what should I try first to fix the problem? :confused:

TIA Stan Dupp

Had this with a cheaper brand, took it apart to find it was kinda corroded like a battery and full of green stuff between the two parts.
I took it apart and cleaned it up and it was fine for a couple weeks and then it was worse until I change it out.

nealtw said:
Had this with a cheaper brand, took it apart to find it was kinda corroded like a battery and full of green stuff between the two parts.
I took it apart and cleaned it up and it was fine for a couple weeks and then it was worse until I change it out.

Don't worry about why it corroded just change it out and forget about it until it happens to the new one. Then when that one is corroded change that one. You on it all right. Jack of all trades master of none.

Don't worry about why it corroded just change it out and forget about it until it happens to the new one. Then when that one is corroded change that one. You on it all right. Jack of all trades master of none.

Huh? :confused:

Back