Tool Site help Needed

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Relevancy

Reaction score
Hi,

I was wondering if I could get some help with my tool site. I need to know what is wrong with it. The sale conversion is way to low for the traffic. Are the prices to high? Are there not enough tools to choose from? Are there not enough brand name products? Is the site hard to use? Please help!

Site is www.redboxtools.com

Welcome Relevancy:
We just talk about Do-It-Yourself, Remodeling and Repair here. We don't buy tools or materials here. We like to find that in another blog of its own, if we need a tool we go to Google, Ebay or something like that.
There is one person who informs us about new tools and evaluates them for us but is not here to sell them.
We would welcome your professional opinions and advise about new tools and labor savers but when someone comes on here to sell they usually get a comment about them Spamming us.
Glenn

thanks for posting.. I am not trying to spam.. you guys can remove the active link if you would like. I am just trying to get the advice of professionals that know a thing about tools and such.

Can you please take a look at the site and see if anything is blatantly wrong?:)

People want name brands, plain and simple.

thanks ToolGuy.. so most people will pay more for a name brand even if the generic is 1/3 of the cost?

Do you think the site doesn't have enough products? Is it laid out ok?

I spent some time on your site, put a few items in the cart, checked out the shipping cost, return policy, about us, bbb, verisign, all the stuff one would expect from a professional online retailer.. And it all looks good. I don't know what your site traffic is like, or your percentage of turnover, but if it's low I think it has to do with the items you're selling.

Fact is, people know these 'Made in China' tools are junk, barely able to perform the task for which they are designed. You're selling junk and people aren't interested. I see you put a lot of work into that site, and a you did fine job I might add. But you picked the wrong product.

I think you may not be price competitive with places like Harbor Freight or Northern Tool for off brand / Chinese tools. The wind generators look interesting, but I don't know enough to comment on competitiveness.

Thanks ToolGuy.. that defiantly helps.. We were trying in the beginning to target generic tools due to the dramatically lower cost. I thought it might be because we didnt have a good selection of tools. My second guess was going to be that it was that no one wanted generic crap.. thanks

Anyone else look at the site?

thanks travelover.. we thought of this too, but it is hard to compete price wise with them. If we cant compete we shouldnt be in business I guess! :) time to re-tool

You might try not marketing to professionals. Gear yourketing efforts towards home owners. You won't sell this stuff to people who know tools.

thanks everyone.. it looks like we need to move towards brand name stuff for sure. No one seems to want to skimp on tools.

DeWalt, Makita, Metabo, Porter Cable, Delta, Milwaukee, Fein, Bosch, Stanley-Bostitch, Hitachi, Ingersol Rand, Skil, Amana, Paslode, Irwin, Powermatic, Jet, Ridgid, Senco, Crescent, Lenox, Lufkin, Magna, Stabila, DeVilbiss, MK, Freud, Greenlee, PLS...

Urghhh, my brain hurts. Someone else contiune please. :D

I'm not sure you could narrow it to only 5 brands, but in attempting to I'd have to say...

DeWalt (not my personal favorite, but very popular)
Makita
Bosch
Milwaukee
and Porter Cable

Thanks.. this helps.. now I will go back and make the site with your favorites in mind! :)

what kind of pricing am I gonna get on those?

Some times throw away tools are practical as a back up. I have 2 framing nailers from harbor freight so when the one jams up im not wasting an hour of daylight un jamming it . Only have $150 invested. when brand name start at $200

Back