replace part of basement sill

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kelargo

Reaction score
in one corner of my house, there was a constant exposure to water. there was an outdoor faucet in this corner and the down spout also contributed to moisture here. I removed a garden hose holder, which looked like it just kept redirecting moisture onto the walls. in any event. the sill in this area gone, turned to moist powered. the house is around 100 years old. the Joists are rough sawed 2x10. Inside, I have a beam 3 2x8s being held up with tiger jacks. The foundation is stone. I haven't measured, but its at least 12 inches wide. This weekend I hope to get the sill plate installed. using different simpson strong ties and grade 5 lag screws and bolts to hold the re-enforcement together.

IMG_20100926_184123.jpg

IMG_20100922_181408.jpg

This is way too much for an amature. You need to lift this whole corner back up and re structure the the rotted joists add sill plate and rim joist poke around with a screw driver. Have got good crawl space or basement?

Back