The old windows

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SJNServices

Reaction score
I am doing a remodel for someone that includes new windows and two new sliders. Anyone have any ideas on having the old (single pane) windows sold, recycled, etc. Or should I just take it all to the landfill and be done with it?

Steve

Well, I guess it would depend on their condition if someone would want to spend the time and effort to restore them. Provide a picture, I know old double hung windows from bungalows are sought after for restoration projects.

Personally I think it depends on the material the frames are made from. These days there are methods of recycling plastic and timber framed windows, which you will find will cost less than landfill costs.

It's the simpler option to take things to landfill, but if it’s cheaper and greener to recycle, then it's a no brainer.

Sash Window

Started taking some of the aluminum frames to the recycler and was shocked at the amount that I got! Way more than beer cans, but that wont stop me!!:beer:

Back