Hello from Kansas City, MO

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poorgrlkc

PoorGirlKC
Reaction score
Hello all my name is Stacey and me and my mom live in her 100+ year old house. Wish I could say it was a well made home but my mom was a struggling single mother when we were growing up and bought our home for $3,000 back in 1974. Both my sister and I grew up here and over the years my mom has done what she could to keep the house from falling down. When I moved in in 2005 when she started having physical and financial issues the bathroom was halfway on its way into the old dug out basement. Thankfully, between the two of us we were able to have the bathroom completly ripped out and remodeled.

When we were growing up my mom used to laugh and say that if they ever stopped making duct tape our house would fall apart. Back then I thought she was joking. Now I know she was not.:eek:

Anyways, long story short I became a member to get some hints (in plain english I am not tech sauvy) and ideas here and there on how to fix or at least prolong the life of This old house. As neither one of us can afford to move or hire anyone to fix the issues.:help:

On a bright note I learned at an early age how to paint and over the years I have become quite adept at wall papering, spackling and hanging sheet rock so that is usually not a problem.:)

Hay welcome to the site.
There are plenty here willing to help when we can. Most of us have trouble with mickey mouse patch work and you may have to remind us that money is just not available.

Back